Tuesday, October 28, 2008

PERSONAL STYLE PART DEUX

Like many of my fashionisto peers I keep a very large folder on my laptop containing thousands upon thousands of fashion-related images. I have accumulated my own hyper-space-heaven where I draw my inspiration from. In fact I made the folder my screensaver so that it refreshes each image for me. What I like about style is that it can change and refresh too. I went through a hair phase this year where it changed five or six times.











But it was my fashion-style that changed once I left Diesel for a smarter-dressed British label. Now, Cape Town is no suit-culture I assure you, so in the heat of summer we were wearing soft shirts and raw denims to work, while our wardrobes started to swell from the fantastic staff perks! Again I was in need of a list of basics to complete my new wardrobe.

- Slim fit raw denims (from the company of course)
- Smart brown leather belt
- Gorgeous brown leather loafers (not the awful suade square ones)
- Black leather shoes
- Smart Black belt
- Slim-fit shirts in various fun colours
- Slim blue suit

Once acquired and teamed up with my already existing wardrobe it was easy to dress well for work. Shirt + V Neck sweater + Brown belt + Raw Denims + Brown Brogue shoes or perhaps... White shirt + Blue Blazer, Black leather shoes to MATCH Black leather Belt and Raw denims. Easy as pie. If you replace existing pieces of your wardrobe for quality pieces, you will find a big difference in your style. It takes a long time for some of us but it's worth it in the end.

I love to see someone dressing out of the box. I tried a lot of looks when I was working for Diesel because I had the platform for it but since moving to my current employment I had to refine my style and ditch the jeans look altogether. But those out-of-the-boxers inspire me greatly, it's something fun and different and often I slap my head and wonder how I didn't think of that myself. Here are a few of my favorite looks of personal style:











Photo's are from the Sartorialist and pulled from various Street style websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment