Friday, May 21, 2010

Samuel L. Jackson is Addicted to Golf

Samuel L. Jackson loves playing golf, a game that he has become very proficient at. Jackson has a clause in his film contracts that allows him to take a day off for playing golf during production, at least twice a week.

Producers also have to agree to pay for his course fees before he signs up for films.

He says, "It's part of my perk package... Two days off, they have to pay for it. Generally, the way they make that happen is they just move me onto a golf course when they send me to town."

"My assistant generally has the responsibility of finding the new courses, setting up the tee times and giving me the directions."

Playing golf with former President Clinton



Interesting facts about Samuel L. Jackson and golf:
  • He stated that the golf course is the only place where he "can go dressed as a pimp and fit in perfectly".
  • During filming of "Star Wars II," he carried his light saber in his golf bag. "I had to practice whenever I could because there were 109 movements to learn. The light saber was about the length of a driver and weighed about the same, too.", he stated.
  • Played with Tiger Woods at St. Andrews
  • Started playing golf after watched "Dead Solid Perfect", which according to him is the best golf movie ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment