Thursday, May 13, 2010

The wait is over for Particuliere.

Hi guys,

Hope you all have been well. Today's post is about nail varnish! Yeah, here we go again.

I never thought I would be posting and talking so much about it as I am lately. I am getting addicted to the stuff, but today I finally have put an end to my collection (well for now).

After 4 months waiting with my name on 'the list' for the Chanel Particuliere, which honestly I had no hope of getting it any more, I received a call from the Chanel counter... I could not believe they were calling me. Finally, there was 1 Particuliere ready to be collected! The wait was over... Hurray!



I must admit, this colour is LOVELY! I have bought a few varnishes trying to find a dupe for it and although some colours were quite similar, none of them had managed to find that amazing mushroom/taupe mix. Chanel is really unbeatable on this one.

Talking about that, I'm also very excited about another 2 varnishes I got yesterday. They are from a brand called 'Catrice', available only in Europe and not in many countries, as far as I know.

I came across this brand searching for varnishes reviews in loads of different blogs, only to find out that mainly girls from Germany, Holland and Belgium were lucky enough to buy this. Not happy with this situation (laughs), I was searching high and low for it but with not much luck at all. Getting me out my misery, was one of my colleagues, who went to Belgium last week and brought me back the 2 colours I was coveting the most! Uh-lala!



Unfortunately, I am not doing a nail swatch because I am terrible at painting them. I am a bit of a disaster actually, painted last night and today was all chipped, I completely blame on my application though, since a girlfriend tried it on too and her nails were fine all day, grrrrr.
All I can say, is that the green is meant to be the dupe for 'Jade' and the orange, for 'Orange Fizz' both colours from our beloved Chanel.
I actually compared and the orange 'I scream peach' and it's a perfect match indeed, but with the green 'Sold out for ever' I can only guess... well the name hence the idea.

The best thing is the price! They cost around 2.50 Euro! Which is fabulous because I must have gone truly insane this month spending �33 on the Chanel ones. Yes, you guys have asked me and the Chanel bottles are selling for �16.50 at the shops when you can get your hands on them!

The next step is that I need to learn how to do my nails ASAP, it amazes me how can people do it themselves so well and quickly, I will get there eventually.
I need some tips on base coat actually... I think that is where my problem lays, literally. I use a Sally Hansen one, green to stop nails peeling, but I don't think is good... my nails are still peeling and the varnish is too... tsc, tsc, tsc!

Have you guys got any tips for me?

See you soon.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment